Charles Stanley - What Does Obedience Require?
We might prefer to define it in another way, but this is exactly what the Lord expects of us. Furthermore, He always enables us to do whatever He requires. Yet there may be times when we’re afraid to obey Him because we don’t know what will happen as a result.
Sometimes obedience is costly. However, if we know that He’s our loving heavenly Father who always does what’s best for us, we’ll be able to trust Him and leave all the consequences to Him. Obedience is not always easy, but it’s essential if we want to live in accordance with God’s will.
Obedience requires the following characteristics. We must be willing to…
- Recognize that God is the sovereign ruler of the universe
- Have faith
- Learn to listen to the Lord
- Suffer a head-on collision with the world, if necessary
- Forsake any and all sin
- Be courageous
- Wait upon the Lord
- Meditate on God’s Word
- Surrender our will to the Lord
- Walk where the way is unclear